About Mike Harrison
This is an online version of my CV. If you would like a full copy of my CV or you are interested in offering me work relevant to my experience, then please contact me.
Education and Qualifications
GCSES, Wigmore High School, Herefordshire
- 9 GCSEs including Music (A*) and Graphic Products (B overall - though my coursework was A*, it was the exam that let me down).
- Awarded school prize for Music, for 5 years outstanding work.
A-Levels, Hereford Sixth Form College, Herefordshire
- 4 A-levels including Music Technology (C), Communication Studies (B) and Physics (C).
Scarborough Campus, University of Hull, North Yorkshire
- BA (Hons) in Creative Music Technology (2.1) including 1sts for Composition, Electroacoustic Composition, Composing for Dance and Interactive Technology.
Music for the Media
- Diploma in Media Composition (pass). Taught by renowned composers Richard Attree and Guy Michelmore.
- Have been capturing images for as long as I can remember, winning several junior photography competitions and making the final stage of judging for BBC Young Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
- My images have been used in magazines such as Commercial Motor, Motor Transport, Country Walking, BBC History and Birds Illustrated.
- In recent years I have been providing news and events images for my local newspaper - the Stranraer & Wigtownshire Free Press.
- I provide stock photography to iStockPhoto, Shutterstock, Fotolia and Alamy.
Music and Sound Design
- I started playing classical guitar when I was 12 and can perform to a level of grade 7 or 8.
- I used to work as a performer, playing classical guitar to the public at craft fairs.
- I have provided music and sound design for a small number of independent films.
- I provide stock music and sound effects to iStockphoto.
- I worked as owner and web designer of Galloway Web Design for 4 years, designing and building websites for local businesses. This included logo design and photography as well.